World in Conflict
Teacher Guide ~ Unit 8
Day A1 Day A2
Day B1 Day B2
Day B3 Day B4
Day C1 Day C2
Day C3 Day C4
Day D1 Day D2
Day D3 Day D4
A Freedom Festival. Honor veterans,
Five Wars Review
Summary: Study of World War I and II; the Korean War; the
Cold War, and the Vietnam War
- Conflict in the church
- Conflict Resolution
- Have a world war simulation throughout this unit.
- Week A ~ Divide your students into two groups--the
Allied Powers and the Central Powers. Create ways for the sides to gain points
throughout the day--possibilities: The side who is lined up first, the side who
wins the recess game, and/or the side who is the quietest, the side whose spelling test
average is highest, etc. Keep the running points posted on the board.
Sharpen the competitive edge!
- Week B ~ Continue the
Allied and Central Powers.
- Week C ~ The Cold War
(little talking, but much competition)
- Week D ~ North Korea and
|Bulletin Board Ideas:
- Quit griping about your church; if it were perfect you
- He who did well in war just earns the right to begin doing well in
peace. Robert Browning
- "The lamps are going out all over Europe. We shall not
see them lit again in our lifetime."
| Supplies Needed:
- Poster board, etc. for displays
- Project A:
Simulation of "war" in games
- Project B:
- Project C:
Watch The Hiding Place, etc.
- Project D:
Queen Victoria's Descendants