Race for Riches ~ Unit Assessment
Matching: Every person should be matched with one of these categories.
_________________ Head of a country
a. Bloody Mary
b. Christopher Columbus
f. Ferdinand & Isabella
h. Henry VIII
i. Isaac Newton
k. Phillip II of Spain
m. Vasco da Gama
Pick any three people listed in the matching section above and write two facts about them:
Person #1: _____________________________
Person #2: _____________________________
Person #3: _____________________________
|Match each person with the country they worked for
or worked in:
______ Sir Francis Drake
______ Henry the Navigator
______ Phillip II
______ Elizabeth I
______ Vasco da Gama
______ Ferdinand & Isabella
1. What two countries needed a line of demarcation to separate the land they
claimed in the New World?________________________________________
2. Name a Bible man who practiced polygamy: _________________________
3. What year was the Spanish Armada fought? _________________________
What main two countries was it between? ____________________________
Who won? ______________________________________________________
4. Name one reason the Spanish Armada was even launched.
5. What scientific "law" did a falling apple help Isaac Newton name and define?
6. Is our universe geocentric or heliocentric? ____________________________
Explain what this means: __________________________________________
Other Words for "Said:"
List five words that could be used instead of said when writing conversation:
Use one of these words in a conversation sentence, using the correct punctuation.
Essay Questions: Write your answers on other paper and attach it to this sheet.
Grades 5-6: Answer the first two questions.
Grades 7-8: Answer all three questions.
1. The name of this unit has been "Race for Riches." Write to explain who was racing, where they were racing to, and a summary of the results.
2. Write about talents and how to use them.
3. Explain what religious tolerance is and why it is needed on our planet.