Money and time are types of talents for which God holds us responsible.
Students will briefly research Shakespeare and the Spanish Armada.
Hymns: #15 My Maker and My King
and #21 Immortal,
Invisible, God Only Wise
Wow! Talents I Didn't Know
About! -- KEY ~ study
guide for researching Ellen White quotes about talents.
A Glimpse of Shakespeare
The Spanish Armada --
- Provide an outline map of Europe or the world for students to trace
the path of the Armada.
Explorations: Money is a
What do many four and five year old kids say they want to be when they grow up?
- Play professional sports.
- Singer or rock star.
- Actor or actress (movie star)
- How good are the chances that they will ever achieve these
desires? (not very good--there is room for only a few and they must
be very, very skilled)
Groups: Why do young children have a desire
to be in these types of professions? List as many reasons as possible. (2
- Share and discuss. (Popularity, fame, and money
are the main reasons. Young children recognize that a few people in these
professions seem to be idolized.)
Groups: Is it wrong to be rich? (Decide
as a group if it is wrong or not and WHY.)
- Read Luke 12:13 - 21. Is it wrong to be rich?
- Read Luke 18:18 - 30. Is it wrong to be rich?
Summarize: Money is a talent that God gives
us. It is to be used for God's glory!