Day A1 Day A2
Project A ~ Author's Circle
Day B1 Day B2
Day B3 Day B4
Project B ~ Canterbury Tales
Day C1 Day C2
Jousting Questions Key
Day D1 Day D2
Project D ~ Castle Battle
Unit Assessment KEY
Theme: Having Knowledge is Having Light in Darkness
Summary of Topics:
- Observe a monastery, experience serfdom, earn the right to be a
knight, and build a castle.
- The religious darkness of the times.
- How is a person saved?
Week A ~ Write, publish, and share creative writing.
Week B ~ Groups work together as noble families to create a Family
Portfolio to earn a fief. (Use Destiny Cards and Farthings from Day B2 to the
end of the unit.)
Week C ~ Do various requirements to earn knighthood.
Week D ~ Build castles and Bible research paper on being saved.
|Bulletin Board Ideas:
- "Mind Your Manors" with castle, shields, etc.
Can be a board to display student work.
- "Medieval Times ~ Be a lord for a day and a serf for a
- "The Dark Ages ~ When the light of learning was almost snuffed
- "Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light."