|Time: 2 Weeks
write their autobiography and do service projects.
can choose one or more projects (individually, in small groups, or as a class) that
impacts life today. Some examples:
- A beautification project in the neighborhood.
- Helping an older person with yard work or painting the
- A fundraiser for a community charity (like the American
- A fundraiser for a religious organization like LaVida
Mission or Your Story Hour.
IDEA: If you have access to adult help, the
students might be divided into two groups and compete against each other
("Apprentice" style). Each team could be given points for things like the
number of persons who were contacted, the number of people who actually helped, and the
total amount received, etc.
Points for beautification projects could be given for:
- The biggest change.
- The least amount of money needed.
- The most amount of money raised to do the project right.
- Before and After pictures.
- Written summary of what was accomplished.
Have a judge or two help decide the winner.