|Setting Classroom Standards|
Students will give you what you accept.
So set your standards high!
Do NOT accept poor quality work. Help students to read toward the standards that we expect in our country today.
Make posters or a large computer print-out for the publishing standards and the art standards and display them in your classroom. Then guide your students in creating work that meets these standards.
Publishing Standards that we have come to expect:
- All words are spelled correctly.
- Punctuation is used properly.
- Capital letters are used in the right places.
- Words have a space between them.
- The words are formed into sentences that make sense.
- The information is presented in a sensible order.
- The information is written in an interesting manner.
- Paragraphs are indented. (When block style is used, there is an empty space between paragraphs and no indenting.)
- Proper grammar is used.
- The writing is neat, readable, and in a consistent font.
- The project portrays a certain idea or message.
- It is neat.
- It is attractive.
- It looks organized.
- It displays creativity.
their future teachers,
and future employers will thank you!