Review A- Jeopardy style
Learning A KEY
Week B Overview
Review B Who Wants to be a Rich Conquistador?
Learning B KEY
Review C-Cut & Paste KEY
Learning C KEY
- Character development and motives.
- Jesus' childhood, youth, baptism, & wilderness temptations.
- Aztecs; Incas; & Anasazi .
- Spanish Empire and South America history/culture.
- South American geography.
- Adverbs, personal narrative, writing dialogue
- Color unit (Prepare this unit in booklet form for each
- Students will make a "Baby Book" of Jesus'
- The Color Unit should be printed and put in booklet
form for each student.
- Extension idea: A) Have students bring baby
pictures. Try to guess who each one is. B) Students bring their
baby books to share.
- Project A - Find a new baby in your community to give
a baby gift to and/or play Turquoise Tempest!
- During Weeks B and C, groups will be preparing their
Conquering the Americas Reports to be presented at the Fiesta Festival for Project C.
- Project B - Make Ojo de Dios (God's eyes) from yarn.
- Day C2 - ( Do not give students advance warning!)
Delay lunch by 40 minutes for students to experience "hunger" (Jesus
experienced hunger for 40 days)
- Project C - Students read their Conquering the
Americas Reports to the "king" or "queen." Fiesta with South of the
Border cooking is the finale celebration
|Bulletin Board Ideas and Proverbs:
- You may think everything you do is right, but the
Lord judges your motives. Proverbs 16:2
- Fame is a vapor, popularity is an accident, and money
takes wings. The only thing that endures is character.
- The diamond cannot be polished without friction,
nor man perfected without trials.
- The Lord sometimes takes us into troubled waters NOT
to drown us, but to cleanse us.